Migrant Worker Task Force is seeking an intern to serve as a Project Coordinator, overseeing a number of initiatives within our current work of operations. We are seeking a dedicated, passionate individual who likes to take initiative and follow up on implementation. Great communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
– Coordinating and organizing weekly language classes for migrant workers every Sunday from 12-2 PM in Sanayeh
– Coordinating weekly computer classes every Sunday from 3-4 PM in Sanayeh
– Maintaining MWTF’s social media presence- regularly updating website, email, staying in contact with partner organizations, advertising events online through various social media fora, and writing weekly newsletter
– Developing MWTF’s volunteer network and handling new member orientations, as well as coordinating new member-led projects
– Planning at least one fundraiser party on an issue of migrant worker rights and justice within Lebanon over summer
– Coordinate monthly Souk el Tayeb event together with vendors
Candidate should have an interest and basic knowledge and background on the situation of migrant workers as well as social justice issues in general in Lebanon and the Middle East and preferably, has a background in activist projects. Ideally, is fluent in English and fluency in Arabic is a strong plus. S/he should expect to spend 6-8 hours a week working and location is flexible; however an office is available at the Nasawiya House in Achrafieh. As the candidate will be working with a team of volunteers in Beirut and abroad, team working and coordination skills are required. Internship will last at least 2 months but ideally the project coordinator will join coordination team long-term.
Deadline for application for 24 June. Please send CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that MWTF is a volunteer-led organisation and this role is unpaid.